We are looking for a new colleague in the role of a DB2 Developer to join our growing team of experts.
If you’re an innovative and creative thinker excited about working abroad on top-notch projects to gain international experience this is the job for you.
As a DB2 Developer, you will provide your technical expertise in IBM database management and operations, as well as taking ownership of complex and high priority projects for the client.
- Preparing and maintaining Technical standards and Standard Operating Procedures
- Using key DB2 utilities for administration and common maintenance tasks
- Identifying performance issues at both a database and individual SQL level
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the DB2 system log to identify issues
- Assisting application teams with rewriting SQL code to improve performance
- Organizing and coordinating meetings with customers
- You are a highly driven and self-motivated individual with a strong sense of personal responsibility
- You are familiar with modern development best practices and understand the balance between speed of delivery and quality
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to communicate effectively with executive levels of management and user base
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment and are adaptable to new business demands
- You have strong English & German skills
- Solid overall IT experience of 3+ years
- At least 1 year of experience working on DB2 LUW platform
- Knowledge of IBM Best Practices for DB2
- Experience in database performance tuning, especially SQL tuning
- Understanding of backups & disaster recovery
- The capability of performing intermediate to advanced tasks related to DB2 database operation and recovery, performance, and high availability
- Well versed in database and table partitioning
- Experienced in managing Database availability and data integrity.
Not required but nice to have:
- Experience in DB2 z/OS Upgrades to v11 or v12
- Experience migrating DB2 z/OS Databases
WHAT WE OFFER
- International experience and career challenge while working on a wide range of projects for top companies from all major industries
- Competitive pay and bonuses driven by your own engagement and results
- Strong opportunity for advancement with a long-term career path
- Access to the company’s training program including language courses
Send us your CV now and let's see if we're both a good fit!